Finding one's purpose in life.

Saturday 25 August 2018

Nendoroid #798: Darkness / Dustiness Ford Lalatina REVIEW (KonoSuba Anime Figure)

I ordered the Nendoroid for Konosuba Darkness at the start of this year, but I didn't open it since it arrived in a later package, and I just kept it in my wardrobe until I find it again to open it. I still have some Nendoroids in the wardrobe that I still haven't opened, but that's another story.



Price & Value:
The RRP price for Konosuba Darkness Nendoroid is about 4500 Yen (not including shipping), and that roughly converts to $53~ AUD ($40~ USD). That's your typical price for a Nendoroid, so nothing special about that. Furthermore, with international shipping, it usually comes out to $70+ AUD (depending on what shipping service you use), so it's definitely not cheap to buy Nendoroids.  However, I was lucky and I got mine NEW for $55.41 AUD with shipping price included (so that's about 20% reduction), and that's the thing with figurines. You have stake out prices for a while so you can get value!

Nevertheless, this nendoroid is of decent value. You get the cabbages that satisfies Darkness's masochistic desires from the anime, you get 2 customisable bodies (one of her armor, one of her damaged attire after the cabbage attack). Nothing much to say here.
Quality:
The quality is consistently good like all Nendoroids. The main figure is high quality and the face is easily interchangeable (not like some of the nendoroids I purchased previously). However, the stands for the cabbages seem very poor. If you don't position it high enough, it will just fall down, and that's really annoying since I put one of those cabbages at my desk to admire and it's tedious if I sometimes push it down slightly just to have it slump completely down. 
Variation/Uniqueness:
There is a lot of variation with this Nendoroid set. If you have watched the Konosuba anime, and you loved it, you will enjoy the customization available from this set. I really liked all the characters from the anime, but unfortunately, Aqua and Megumin were usually sold out, or were extremely high-priced and I was not willing to pay that amount for those characters. Sorry :'(. Anway, you get two swords, one specifically used for one of her stances, and the other is just normal wielding. You get your 3 customisable faces (mine is obviously the satisfied/masochistic face), 2 bodies (one ripped, one fully new armor), some arms for the stance and cabbages (The cabbages also have mini stands for them, which is pretty cool).

Overall Verdict: Avoid | Poor | Average | Good | Must Have
Unique Factor: Cabbages >_<

1 comment:

  1. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. cheapest shipping from china to uae

    ReplyDelete