Finding one's purpose in life.

Saturday 21 July 2018

Anime Merch Review - Re: Zero Keychains - Emilia, Rem and Ram

I usually would recommend people to buy the official keychains, since the creators of the keychains probably had to pay money for the intellectual property, but for me, it is extremely expensive to import keychains from overseas. The keychains themselves are not that expensive, but the shipping costs usually is triple the cost of the keychains (and that's the cheapest shipping option), and the import tax is not making it any easier. 

Anyway, apart from my little rant, I got some non-official Re: Zero keychains from AliExpress, but these seem more like fan-art of the characters of Re Zero, rather than just pure copy and paste stuff. You can buy the product from here.

Price and Value:
There is always random discounts when you are purchasing products from AliExpress, When I got it, I think it was 35% off the normal price and if you are using the mobile app, you can sometimes even get better deals. I got each keychain for $1.74 AUD, which totaled to $5.21 AUD for 3 keychains. That's pretty good value if you compare it to other products at that price range in the AliExpress market, and this product is definitely value for money!

Quality:
All keychains should aspired to be like these keychains and this is not an exaggeration. Your normal keychains usually has the ring that is usually very hard to attach to your zip on your bag. These keychains have a special ring where it is a mechanism like a caliper. I really like this design since it makes attaching to your bag zip much easier.

Aside from that, the keychain itself is of high quality. Each keychain even had a layer of plastic to remove scratching that should be removed when you want to use it. The keychain art is very solid and durable since it is surrounded by acrylic. Deserves nothing but praise.

Suitability:
Say no more! This keychain style and quality is perfect - it's not too big, just the right size, easy to clip onto your bag zip, durable. What more do you want?

Final Verdict and Possible Improvements:
If you aren't willing to dish out preposterous amounts of money (like me) for keychains, you should just get these keychains if you really like Re Zero. The brand name of this keychain is ZheFanku, so if you type this in the AliExpress search box, I'm sure there are other anime keychains that you can find that is of equal superb quality. For about $1.70 per keychain, what can you really lose from buying this, rather you will be winning! The only downside is the long shipping time if you want free shipping (it's almost a month for me to get it from China to Australia).
Better Quality Pictures (from the seller's page)
Would I buy it again/recommend it? Hell Yeh! If there were other anime series that I wanted to keychains for, I would definitely buy this brand of keychains again. Unfortunately, they dont have any for Shokugeki no Soma, so I'll just have to wait. And I would definitely recommend buying this to anyone who can't afford to spend too much on keychains.

Summary:
+ GOD TIER Quality
+ Best Value For Money I have seen for keychains
+ What keychains should aspire to be
+ You can possible get these products for free if you are a new AliExpress customer (Free $4 USD voucher)
- Long shipping time if you want free shipping?

No comments:

Post a Comment