Finding one's purpose in life.

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Week 51 Update - Sense of Direction and Amazon AU Prime Day

I will be going back to university for Semester 2 in a week's time and I am somewhat nervous, but excited at the same time. Hopefully I will be able to meet some new people, but I'm not gonna expect to make "friends" immediately. I have always been a very timid person, who tended to isolate others from myself and this was perhaps I felt comfortable being alone. Hopefully there were some exceptions, and these exceptions were during the camp before my high school years. I knew no one at the new school, but it was amazing that I met someone who read and loved Love Hina (the manga). It was so exciting to find someone who has a similar hobby to me, and so far, I couldn't find anyone of the kind at university. Perhaps manga and anime is a childish hobby, but for me, I always indulge in it because I usually lose interest in gaming, and manga and anime is both interesting and allows me to be flexible when I have work to do.

Thonk
On another note, it was the first Prime Day at Amazon AU, and it felt really lackluster. There were some really good deals for games (e.g. Nintendo Switch), but I wasn't too interested in investing $300 in something that I will probably not get the full value out of it. Book specials were essentially non-existent, but then again it's the first Prime Day so hopefully next year's prime day will be much better. And Amazon AU has drastically improved compared to the first launch. I still remember the embarrassing first launch where the store had foreign books, rather than books in English. Also, I used the Amazon Prime trial, and I understand why people subscribe to Amazon Prime. It's such an amazing service, but I will probably only pay for it if I am getting something. And yes, this update is a day late and that's because I forgot about it since I was so fixated in Amazon Prime Day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment