Finding one's purpose in life.

Friday 9 March 2018

Nendoroid #596: Otosaka Ayumi REVIEW (Charlotte)

Ahhh Nendoroids. I wanted to get this figure since it had that blood splurting prop and that made me kek. It reminded me of that scene in the anime. Ahh pizza sauce meme. Anyway onto the figure review!

Mandarake said that the product was not opened and it was slightly damaged. I can confirm that it has never been opened and there was no damage to the product other than the plastic wrapping that Mandarake wrapped themselves to store the Exclusive Pre-order Item. When you see something at Mandarake as "package damage", it usually is not as severe as it says. The pictures will definitely tell you whether there is something wrong. Of course there is a classification - "package extremely damaged" but I have never purchased anything of the sorts as of now (maybe I can try, but international packaging is crazy). 

The figures comes with a plate of omurice, and there are 4 different arms, other than the ones you have. We also have the two blood splurts and three different faces. Ahhh the face parts are amazing. Each of the faces are so good, especially the blood splurt/ecstasy face. However, the front hair piece is goddamn hard to take out and also put back in. It can get frustrating sometimes since I am trying to be as delicate as possible whilst using a lot of strength.

The figure was really very well done. I had only two problems with the figure. The first problem was the two blood splurt props. I thought they were gonna somehow attach to the nendoroid's face, but it doesn't (I guess a positive is that you can use the blood splurt and the complementary face with any nendoroid HAHAHA). For me, this was not the major problem. The major problem was how the two blood splurt poops needed to be connected together via a weak and small plastic connector. It was also really hard to make it balance and symmetrical and I accidentally pushed too hard and it cracked. This resulted in one of the blood splurt losing some colour and the plastic connector broken. Arghhh. I fixed in with strong super glue from Daiso but it will never look the same. I will say that somehow the two blood splurts connected easier now? LOL.
The second problem was how difficult it was to fit the omurice. It took me many times and I think it still not completely right until now. I use the right arms, but perhaps its the positioning of the arms. I followed the instructions given but they were really vague. However, I will just hastily put it back if it ever falls out. It's just it would suck to lose the prop if you accidentally bump into it and it disappears into the abyss.

Overall Score (8/10):
For the price I got it at, it's decent since it has the exclusive pre-order item. However, I probably devalued my figure cause of the blood splurt prop having some paint scratched off and the plastic connector being glued (not really professional). However, the faces are very funny and good, and the props - omurice and the blood splurts. I will probably just keep the figure for myself but the blood splurts are amazing props. Yes they may not be solidly connected all the time, but I will find someway to make the blood splurt better. For now I will just stick with the omurice prop since it takes less space.

Most Unique Factor - Blood Splurt

No comments:

Post a Comment