Finding one's purpose in life.

Friday 1 December 2017

Anime Review - Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - Fails to Capitalise on Time Travel Hype

Back in the days when it started airing, I had a quick glance and it looked interesting. I didn't jump on it because I usually watch seasonal anime after all episodes for it has finished airing because I want to keep that plot fresh in my mind. Perhaps this was a good decision as Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete had a relatively bad score than what I expected from just looking at the premise. Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete essentially starts off as your typical school life anime, but when it came to the last few episodes, there was a major time skip that made the story too fast-paced and maybe the concept was just too complicated for me to comprehend.

Story (7/10):
I won't spoil too much but about 3/4 of the anime was pure school life anime that had some hints about "time travel" phenomenon, and I felt that this was perhaps the downfall for this anime. Not enough time was dedicated to the "time-travel" premise, and this is disappointing. I enjoyed the last few episodes where we see them grown-up and finally understanding who one of the new students was. We also learn more about the other characters and what they are attempting to do to bring back a fellow classmate from a coma. The time travel aspect was a bit confusing but at least it led to a happy ending :)

Characters (7/10):
The characters are no one special, yet they look different from each other too. I can't put my finger on it, but I like the uniqueness of each character. The main character kinda reminds me of Kyon from Suzumiya. Haha don't know why but he acts like him.

Sound (7/10):
The voice acting are above average, but nothing spectacular. The OP and ED are not that catchy either.

Art (7/10):
The art is your generic good quality anime art. There are some parts in which the art was pretty cool looking like the planetarium scene. Makes me want to build one for myself to use it in my room.

Enjoyment (7/10):
The anime was somewhat enjoyable. The first part of the anime was somewhat dry, but the latter part made it all the better. 

Overall (7/10):
When compared to other animes having the time-travel premise, this is extremely disappoting. Needless to say, the anime had a good premise but its distribution and its focus on the time-travel premise was minimal. If more time was dedicated on the time-travel premise, rather than the school-life, I believe this anime could have been so much better. I generally wouldn't recommend this, even more so if you don't have that much time on your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment