Finding one's purpose in life.

Sunday 8 July 2018

Anime Merch Review - Konosuba Keychains - Megumin, Aqua and Darkness (Fan-Made Keychain)

The Konosuba series is a well-cherished one in the community and it was the anime that got me back into watching anime after a 6 month hiatus since I got bored of watching anime when I was transitioning from high school to university. During early this year, I just ordered some decent keychains from TicTail for the first time. Never used this website before, but wanted to give it a go since the products were at a really reasonable price. 

I bought the product from here. I would go support her on social media if you like her artworks and creations. I always appreciate good artists and their dedication to creating art since I myself had tried to draw as a hobby so I know the time and effort that needs to be spent to create wonderful art.

Price and Value
The fan-made Konosuba trio keychain costed me $4 USD, and the shipping was about the similar price (international shipping costs a whole ton, and with the newly implemented Australian import GST, stuff was gonna get more expensive. However, it still only came out to about $3 USD per keychain (including shipping), and that's pretty decent, considering it was decent quality.

Quality
For $4 USD, you get 3 very big keychains, and these are not your typical resin, rubber or PVC keychains. They are just art drawings laminated, but they were very solid and didn't look like it would bend easily. For such a low price, this is one of the best value keychains I seen, and I'm not really a fan of spending too much on keychains. The artwork is also a highlight and really quirky and was one of the factors that led me to buy these keychains.

It also used those cheap metal beads as the connecting piece to your bag. I had really bad experiences with these sorts of metal beads since they can easily dislodge and you will then lose your keychain. However, it's fan made and not produced in a factory so it's highly unlikely that you will find the typical keychains in the 

Suitability
Personally, the keychains are way too big to be your normal keychains (they were about 10 x 8 cm). By being too big, it felt weird to use a keychain. Instead I admire the wonderful art created by Yuen-Ri (the creator of this keychain) and just hang it on my desk.

Behold my messy table! And just a hand comparison too.
Final Verdict and Possible Improvements
Personally, the keychains should be downsized because they are way too big to look like a keychain and I'm sure most would agree. I wouldn't have mind if the keychain were halfed in size, while selling it for the same price. Yes, it is value for money, but sometimes more is less, and less is more; keychains are meant to be small but large enough to attract one's attention. 

Would I buy it again/recommend it if it was unchanged? No I wouldn't. The art is beautiful and quirky - there is no doubt about that. It's just that it is way too big, for me at least. Would I buy it again/recommend it if it was downsized? Yes, definitely. Then it would have the best of both worlds. Small and beautiful. All you need in life! :')

Summary:
+ Value for Money
+ Beautiful and Quirky Artwork (suits the characters)
+ Decent Keychain Quality
- Way too big

No comments:

Post a Comment