Finding one's purpose in life.

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Week 38 - Back to Square One Again and Possible Techniques to Reduce Stress

Last Friday I got the results back and discussed it with my doctor. She said that I was healthy from the tests I took and nothing was abnormal. She also asked me whether I am feeling well and it was nice to tell her that I was somewhat anxious and not feeling well. She told me that if it becomes more serious that I should go back to see her. After the consultation, it seems that my mental health is affecting my physical health and the problem is that I can't seem to stop being anxious and depressed. I tried a lot of techniques like relaxing via deep breathing and walking after 15 minutes of sitting, but nothing really seem to work. The most effective technique for me is just mindlessly walking around in the sun - it doesn't make me feel super good, but then again it doesn't make me feel depressed/anxious when I walk around mindlessly. Another thing that would probably for everyone is to chill out and do something they like. For me, it's watching anime or manga that keeps me engaged, so that I can take my worries off my mind temporarily. 

As of now, it looks like I'm back to square one again. I don't really have severe stomachaches now but I still always feel tired whenever I wake up, no matter how much I sleep. It could possibly be my anxiousness/stress that is unconsciously affecting my sleeping quality. Sigh, anyway I am currently watching Sangatsu no Lion S2 and there's so many realistic themes explored, and damn does every episode made me tear up slightly because I probably can relate to these themes like loneliness, acceptance. Season 2 is so much more philosophical and down-to-earth compared to its predecessor. What is inspiring is how the characters mature in the anime, and it looks like it's something I can probably never do, well I hope I can mature and become stronger eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment