Finding one's purpose in life.

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Week 41 Updates - Psychopath

I recently started watching Death Note (yes I know, I'm very late to the party), but goddamn is it interesting. I love the anime's predominant theme of power and how power can blind even the most logical/sane individual. And it is really applicable to reality, many good people are succumbed to controlling nature of power like we see Light. We initially see him as possibly as something who is serving justice to criminals who have been "protected" in jail, but as we soon progress through the anime, we see the delusional Light, killing innocent people who were "in his way". We know see him as a power-hungry individual who we never support - the anti-hero essentially. I'm only less than a third through the series, but so far, I am very interested to see what happens next. 

Another thing from Death Note that really stuck to me was how we see someone is "too perfect", but in reality there are definitely not. I really agree with this idea, because no matter how perfect one seems, everyone has a dark side to them - we are humans after all. No human is perfect. Perhaps its my encounter with "perfect" people in my school life and how they may seem perfect until you really start talking to them. Anyway, I wanted to write less depressing posts so as an alternative I decided to write about how aspects of anime can relate to my experiences in life. Obviously not all the anime are going to be like that, it's mainly the juicy ones involving mystery. I still have some negative thoughts (lack of self-esteem) and am really tired (it's because I wake up randomly in middle of the night), but I try to just perservere through and do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment