Finding one's purpose in life.

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Week 39 Update - Reasoning

Sorry being one day late, but I was kinda busy in doing one of my assessments yesterday. My mood is still constantly down, and yes I still have suicidal thoughts, but the good thing is that I can actually reason with myself to prevent myself from doing it. Anyway, I may miss a few updates here and there since it's getting near the end of semester and there's a lot of assessment, and I need to focus on that to keep my sanity. Blogging has been a hobby for me to ventilate my thoughts and reduce my inner negative thoughts, but recently, I haven't really feel like writing any anime reviews even though I completed a few recently. I still got a couple of reviews as backup for weeks that I don't feel like writing. Now I understand the idea of writer's fatigue, but perhaps it's just my drive to do things. I get pumped to do certain things randomly and when I get pumped, I churn out some good content, but that's pretty hard when you have a bad mood. 

Anyway I finished Sangatsu no Lion S2 a few days ago, and damn was it emotional. Sure I couldn't relate that much to the themes in this season as much as in S1, but I could relate to the idea of "acceptance" and perseverance. I really like the shift in focus onto real-life problems like bullying and acceptance, rather than the shogi playing. To be fair, the series is meant to reflect the ups and downs in life and how we must persevere through it, and how we must choose our own paths. The OPs for both seasons have really deep meanings if you know the lyrics. When I first listened, I just thought it's catchy and there wasn't really any deep meanings, but when I listened to it alongside lyrics, damn did it bring so much more meaning, and it fits in with the ideas presented in the anime.

1 comment:

  1. Piano no Mori, the manga about a kid from the red light district growing up to me a piano player, is being released as an anime this season. You should watch it. 5/5 would recommend.

    ReplyDelete